Strawberry picking season has long since come and gone; it was sadly cut short by heavy rain back in July. Note to self for next year: pick more berries next time, because they're gone before you know it.
What did you do with strawberries this year? Our favourites were:
1. Freezing them for the winter.
2. Vegan strawberry shortcake from Angelica Home Kitchen.
3. Vegan strawberry parfait with the most amazing nut cream sauce ever (also from the Angelica Home Kitchen).
4. Vegan strawberry ice cream from the Veganomicon.
5. Insane Smoothie Bonus: a smoothie from strawberries, avocado, bananas, soy milk, soy yoghurt and honey.
Thankfully blueberry season lasts a lot longer.