[Ok, I realize it's not a particularly appetizing photo, but it tasted wonderful.]
That's my new favorite tempeh preparation for Lalibela's tempeh. The tempeh is marinated and cooked in the manner described in Heidi Swenson's TLT Sandwich recipe. And then it's a matter of roasting a bunch of mushrooms in the oven until they brown and look yummy. I also roasted some cherry tomatoes I bought from Mary Ellen at Green Spark Farm with garlic and olive oil. All that combines really well.
Adapted from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, River Cottage Every Day (Episode 3, October 7, 2010)
- Equivalent amounts of rutabaga, potatoes, parsnips and celeriac, peeled and cut into a bite-sized cubes. You want to pay some attention to cooking time when cutting them, obviously. So make your rutabaga bites a bit smaller than your potato bites, for example. You should have enough to file a large roasting pan.
- 1 – 2 yellow onions, sliced.
- 3 Tbs. of Dijon mustard;
- 1 – 2 Tbs. of honey;
- 4 Tbs. of some kind of vegetable oil; and
- plenty of salt and pepper.
- 1 Cu. water;
- 1 Cu. raw, unsalted cashews;
- 1 – 2 Tbs. of chopped fresh rosemary;
- some lemon juice; and
- some salt.
You can take the leftovers from this and mash them up and add an egg and some herbs and make little cakes to fry up.